- 4 Nature & Nurture Farms chicken marylands (leg and thigh portions), excess fat removed
- 100 ml Nature & Nurture Farms chicken stock
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, skin on, bashed with the back of a knife
- 2–3 sprigs rosemary
- 1 handful of oregano leaves
- 100 ml white wine
- Murray River salt flakes
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, some kept whole, some cut in half
- Crusty bread, to serve
Preheat oven to 220°C (200 C fan-forced).
Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof frying pan or flameproof casserole dish over medium–high heat. Add the garlic and herbs and cook for 1–2 minutes, then add the chicken and cook for 10–12 minutes on each side. Deglaze the pan with the wine and simmer for 1–2 minutes to allow the alcohol to evaporate, then season with salt.
Scatter over the cherry tomatoes, then put the pan or dish in the oven for 10–20–25 minutes to finish cooking the chicken. Towards the end of the cooking time, turn on the grill function to give it a golden, scorched look.
Serve hot or warm, with plenty of bread to mop up that heavenly, wine-infused sauce.
- Pollo in potacchio will keep well in the fridge for up to a day. As it cools, the sauce will firm up, so make sure you reheat it thoroughly to allow it to return to its glorious, liquid state.